Dream Florals for Dream Weddings
Your wedding is a magical day. It’s one of the most significant events of your life and you want it to be perfect. From the dress, to the venue, to the flowers — there’s a lot to think about and arrange. When it comes to your flowers, there are endless possibilities.
Florals can be used in a variety of ways, beyond the traditional bouquets and boutonnieres. Here are a few of Fleuristic’s favourite ways to incorporate flowers on your special day.
Cascading floral bouquets
This year, we continue to see cascading, flowing, and organic-looking bouquets for the bride. These gorgeous and dramatic bouquets offer the bride an opportunity to showcase her unique style.
Originally called a ‘shower bouquet’, cascading bouquets were at their peak in the 1920s and 30s, and now they are back in style. Featuring differently sized and coloured flowers grouped together at different lengths, cascading bouquets offer depth and texture, and look absolutely stunning.
Cascading trends include:
- Mixing seasonal and imported flowers- garden roses are a favourite.
- Blush and white colour palettes continue to be popular.
- Adding greenery for colour, texture, and length.
- Finishing with different coloured ribbon and other adornments.
- Cascades ranging in length from 12 to 36 inches, or created as an oversized oval shape.
Just remember, if you do select a cascading bouquet, you will want to order a separate, smaller bouquet for the flower toss.
Floral accents and venue decor
There are many design approaches when choosing flowers and greenery for your wedding. You want to choose a design that factors in the size of your venue, your personal style, and your florists recommendations. The flowers for your venue should wow your guests, add beauty and a finishing touch to the space, and look amazing in photos.
Here are some of our favourite ways to add florals and greenery into your dream wedding:
- Table centrepieces- composite floral designs, a collection of vases with florals and candles, or lush green garlands for family-style seating.
- Place settings on the tables- individual flowers with each napkin makes for a beautiful and welcoming table.
- Decoration on the backs of the chairs- weaving greenery through the chairs looks classy and elegant.
- Hair pieces- floral crowns or florals woven into the hair add a whimsical look.
- Head table arrangements- large, showy arrangements that highlight the bride and groom.
- Small potted succulents as guest favours- make for lovely takeaway gifts.
Your wedding plans are important to us. At Fleuristic Garden and Flower Studio we can help you make your dream wedding come to life. Contact us to book a complimentary consultation, check us out online, and visit the studio today.